Woodstock Day School employs a talented staff to carry out our mission. We actively seek to build a diverse community of educators. Employment opportunities will be updated on this website as they become available. For general inquiries please email info@woodstockdayschool.
Director of Institutional Advancement
Woodstock Day School is a progressive, independent day school located on a breathtaking 50-acre campus in the Catskill Mountains. Our mission is to provide a socially and environmentally mindful education from Nursery School – 12th Grade, valuing each student as an individual and as a member of the community. We have a position for a full time Director of Institutional Advancement.
The Director of Institutional Advancement will be a passionate advocate for the Woodstock Day School community. He/she will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive fundraising plan and coordinating a marketing and communications strategy to increase institutional support from WDS families, alumni, friends, foundations, and the surrounding community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Head of School, Board of Trustees and Development Committee to develop long and short-term fundraising
- Oversees fundraising programs through the management of fundraising campaigns, including: an annual fund, major giving, and special events.
- Prepares annual Development Plan and budget.
- Coordinates WDS’s marketing, messaging and communications with regards to all fundraising activities.
- Directs all major gift solicitations. Creates and manages strategies and activities aimed at enhancing donor relationships. Facilitates relationships between major gift prospects and the Head of School.
- Manages the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects, including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Supervising and implementing systematic efforts to identify, solicit, steward, maintain and upgrade annual giving donors.
- Oversees all reporting and information management relative to fundraising and communications.
- Keeps educated about the life of the school, interfacing with faculty, parents and alumni frequently.
- Responsible for communications to the greater WDS community.
- Oversees alumni outreach. Manages the alumni database and works with our alumni association to continue our efforts to build an alumni base.
- Oversees and manages the school events.
- Minimum 5 years of development experience including annual, major and planned giving, event planning, and capital campaigns.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree required.
If you are interested in one of the opportunities listed above please send your resume to email@example.com